Tuesday, May 06, 2008

POTTY TRAINING


Yes, yes, we've been attempting potty training. Not that we are in any rush or that we feel the need to push our daughter, but we have a little pink potty so we tried it out. With success. Again, we have no urgency with getting Vanessa into underpants. This is just an option for her right now.

I got the potty six months ago, and there it has sat, in the bathroom. "Don't push it," the experts warn. "Let them decide," they say.

Well, I decided that, because Nanners takes a whiz every single time we undress her for her bath, that I'd park her caboose on the potty at that time. Voila! She tinkled! I was so excited I thought I'd pee my own pants.

Daddy tried it later that night - it worked - and again the next morning - worked again. I don't want it to sound like we have it all figured out... we don't... but there has been some success. Mostly, Van loves to be diaper-free. She L.O.V.E.S. it.



Milo could not keep away, as you can him see, here, spoiling my shot. Surely he was wondering, "How could you have been keeping this covered up all this time?"

One day, when I noticed V-Dog hunched over, bearing down, redfaced, I grabbed her and ran through the house, shouting, "You have a number 2! You have a number 2!" After plunking her down on the potty, then bringing her back to her room to change her, I set Vanessa down on the floor and she took off. I located her in the bathroom again. She had perched her own baby doll on the potty, and was talking to her. What a little dear!

I have so much more to post I'll just have to do it later. Hope y'all don't mind this one being short!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:13 AM

    Mary, I just wanna say I haven't read your blog in awhile, and I'm howling to the point of tears. Too, too funny.

    Jennifer V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No higher praise, Jennifer. Thank you! ~ Mary

    ReplyDelete