Tuesday, December 12, 2006

WHERE IS THIS DAUGHTER?

Yesterday I saw my OB for a check-up and, thinking I may have been progressing towards labor all week last week, I was disappointed to learn that nothing had changed. In fact, I continue to carry very high, prompting my OB to have a grown up conversation with me about possibly needing to schedule a c-section. He can't tell if my abdominal mesh will ever allow the baby to drop. Then, after reviewing my vital statistics and symptoms, he sent me across the street to the hospital for blood work, to see if I have preeclampsia. The cure for preeclampsia is delivering the baby, but my labs came back "normal," so I'm still here, still pregnant.

I find that I am increasingly ready to be done with this amazing and eventful pregnancy.

Last week I purchased a new pair of shoes so I won't have to wear Jack's slippers around town. My new shoes are size 11, a size that many of the shoe stores I visited don't even carry. I love these new shoes, but my feet do still ooze over the sides, thanks to world class edema.

Because we noticed a few changes to my body last week, Jack and I hustled around and got all the basics done around the house. Now we feel relatively ready to hop in the car and rush to the hospital if Nestle decides to make her debut. Here is a shot that Daddio feels is some of his best (and sneakiest) work ever. The other belly shots we took this week are too awful for me to post. In fact, after reviewing the back of our digital camera during one downtown photo shoot, I said, "Okay. Let's get in the car, drive to a bridge, and I'll just jump off." I mean, I look terrible. Jack insists I'm crazy for thinking that, but he's clearly biased and cannot be trusted. I will admit, however, that my horizontal protrusion is impressive. Looking at me from the front, I don't look very pregnant, but from the side... HELLO.

I'm beginning to think this daughter will arrive in June. Surely she'll be delivered in the psych unit if that's the case.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:01 AM

    Take my advice please, and find a wonderful photographer who will capture your radiant beauty in black and white. If I were there I would pack you up in the car myself and insist on it. You wont regret it Mary I promise. Do it, do it, do it. Hey, I'm a pro remember!
    LOVE YOU, Miche xoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete