
OUR OB IS MIGHTY PLEASED
Today we made it in to our follow-up OB appointment - Mary's big day out. He was clearly pleased I had made it 4 whole weeks without delivering. After the midnight bleeding scare, he had been gravely concerned I could hold the pregnancy through this month. Both he and his nurse were excited I hadn't needed another hospitalization. Now my OB wants me to go one more week for a "viable" baby, and another 4-6 weeks for a healthy preemie. No problemo! We are scheduled to see him again in a month and then we see the perinatologist for a re-evaluation of the placenta. Of course I'm to call if there's any problem between now and then.
I thought I was having a big problem with my blood pressure, because I can't shower or dress (two things I now avoid) without having to suddenly hit the deck panting and sweating, with a thunderous heart and the threat of fainting. My OB gave me iron supplements, assuming I'm anemic, so that should help. And bedrest continues - so far, so good. Jack did ask permission to transport me to the beach once in awhile if I promised to behave and just sit quietly. We got the okay for that, which is HUGE.
So all in all we are pleased, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment