
KITTENS DRINK MILK
Yesterday was fun. We went to our very first toddler story hour at the library. It was great. Too bad Vanessa has no idea how to sit still. There were 15 children aged 2 months to 4 years, and an equal number of parents. Vanessa sat on my lap for the first story. For the second one, she crept up to the story teller, stared into her eyes at close range, then exited, stage left. (Wendy, I thought of you.) Nanners was the first (only?) one to defect. All the other parents seemed to have children who stuck around. I guess story time was a little to passive for our active go-getter.

We left the library for a few short errands - the bank, DMV, and the pediatrician's office. Vanessa was quite a hit and very energetic at all three places. Most notable was the DMV, which was packed with sullen drivers waiting their turn in uncomfortable, plastic chairs. Vanessa walked through the entire room making eye contact and saying, "Hello!" You'd think she was in China. It was actually great fun to see people's scowls and frowns melt into smiles. She was particularly charming at the DMV.

When my number was finally called, I had to hold her writhing body in one arm while trying to pull papers out and sign legibly with the other. It didn't work very well. I stood Van on the counter, then had to put her down. She bolted, of course. I had to run through the DMV, all eyes upon us, to capture her, then run her back to my window. One or two more times of that, and we pretty much had stolen the show for the day. I carried Vanessa out as she waved and said, "Bye-Bye!" to each of her adoring fans.

By the time we got home from our errands, it was time for lunch. Here are two videos of that. Mom, click on the triangle on the bottom left of the picture to play the following two videos... you may have to click them twice (or more).
The first one is dedicated to cousin Corey:
[got milk?]
[That's a belch at the end.]
The second is dedicated to Daddio:
Somehow I missed the fact that September 19th is International Pirate Day. Arrgh! Have you heard me speak to Vanessa like a pirate? I do. Not sure why. Anyway, I thought it fitting we find out what my pirate name is. This is for Kraybear. Arrgh! Nancy-girl!
Red Mary Kidd
Passion is a big part of your life, which makes sense for a pirate. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!
Should I include this summary in the home study? Check yourself out at:
Mad Mary Flint
ReplyDeleteEvery pirate is a little bit crazy. You, though, are more than just a little bit. Like the rock flint, you're hard and sharp. But, also like flint, you're easily chipped, and sparky. Arr!
Sparky ye ar. Arrgh!
ReplyDelete