Here is an "old" video, taken a few weeks ago. Let's just say, I've been nervous to stand back and film this little drill.
There were also several photos I couldn't get up, some of which feature Vanners and her mother unit, courtesy of cousin Corey.
Of course cousin Corey did a fair amount of babysitting, which resulted in her being mistaken for the little red-headed gipper's red-headed mama out in public. If we three were out together, I was, well, the grandmother. Hey, it could happen.
At the house, Corey filled her spring break hours with sunbathing in the backyard, surfing, baking, babysitting, running errands, catching up on beauty sleep and making out with Milo. Vanessa followed suit, monkey toe to monkey toe (minus the surfing).
Chris and Nell have also been with us... not on spring break but here to train for the U.S. Olympic Trials in June. Baby Nessa helps to keep them in top shape, too.
Like Corey and Milo, we'd catch Chris snuggled up to the dog of the house whenever the two of them were left alone. I guess there are a few cowboy songs written about this kind of thing...
Everyone was a big help around the house, especially while Daddio was away working in Arkansas. There were a lot of comings and goings, which we think may have super stimulated Nanners' wee brain. She started mimicking words more and more, including Corey, Nell, Chris, keys, strawberries, coffee, car, rock, and cheese.
Baby Nessa is also now able to hug and kiss on demand. So unbelievably cute I can scarcely limit my requests.

Now our Little Monkey Princess is attempting to sing and even dance. The other day in the car I was rocking out in a monster way to Mr. Beethoven's 9th symphony. I was so into belting it out, slapping my leg, banging my head, and tapping my non-driving foot I nearly drove off the road. Van was bug-eyed in the back seat. I couldn't contain myself through the grand finale - I shouted, YEAH! YEE HAW! YEAH! and then burst into tears.
Can you imagine being my child? Heaven help her.
See her ** First Ever ** groovy moves, caught on film, here:
No comments:
Post a Comment