Saturday, June 09, 2007


IT'S ALL IN HER HEAD

Another week of fun with Little Miss Vanessa and we can hardly believe it. More and more we are getting comments on her size. I lack perspective on this. So I checked a wonderful interactive growth chart that let me know she is in fact a Giantess. She's long, yes, but she's above the 100th percentile in weight (if Jack weighed her correctly), and way, way above the 100th percentile in head circumference. Her noggin is 47 cm at 5.5 months. This either means she's going to be really smart or really dumb.



Daddio has been traveling so Granny Ernie came down to keep us company and give my aching arms a break. We laughed and laughed and caught some fun on film. See Nesserkins giggling at Granny singing and shaking a cup of ice. She seems to love music and percussion...



Vanny is so funny: she doesn't know the difference between her hands and feet. I often find her manipulating two toys at a time, one by feet (and the other by mouth). When we lift her in or out of her car seat, high chair, or Baby Frankenstein machine, she grips the edges with those monkey toes and won't let go. Is she trying to give me a work out? When I crack up, she looks at me like, What?

She's not yet six months old, but I couldn't resist some "Before and After" shots of her development over the past 24 weeks.






You see Van here in her co-sleeper, but she really sleeps in bed with us. The minute she came home from the hospital I began teaching her "gas relief" techniques by pushing her knees to her chest. Well by Jove, she's a good little learner. We start every morning with some gas relief. This morning I looked over and said, "Good morning little one!" She smiled up at me, lifted one leg and gave me a toot back.

What?

No comments:

Post a Comment